Digital Asset Protection
Asset Level Security
DAP applications employ encryption and sanitizing algorithms that meet US military specifications. Designed as a complementary business technology, DAP works in parallel with existing applications protecting and managing the movement of corporate data a digital property
Why Use Digital Asset Protection From Softection
Content Specific Protection - Protect only the files deemed sensitive. This prevents productivity losses seen with other data encryption schemes.
Intuitive and Easy To Use - A simple user interface and straightforward concepts means low training overhead and ease of protection
Typical Uses For DAP
• Protect Data on Laptops from theft or copy
• Protect Remote Terminal Sessions (cloud)
• Protect Sensitive Information from IT department viewing
• Prevent Accidental or Malicious Loss of Information
• Information Leakage Prevention (Internal & External)
• Preventing internal attack on intellectual property
• Data 'Use' Management Solutions
• Governance and Compliance Projects.
• Enforce Corporate policies
• Educate and enforce Staff data handling procedures & techniques.
• Protecting data at the object level (file, database, etc.)
Softection DAP Solves Real Business Problems
Authorized copies of data on a laptop or other device are protected just as if they were still on the server. If the device is lost or stolen, the protected files are encrypted and cannot be accessed. And, DAP allows for timed destruction of protected files after a set period, so even if data disappears on a lost laptop, it can be destroyed automatically
• Stopping Internal Leakage
Softection DAP enforces usage policies on protected information through seamless integration into existing Windows Authentication technology. Users aren’t required to remember a different password, and regular corporate password policies are enforced. Security is enforced automatically, with no extra overhead or introduced weak points.
• Administrators global access
Confidential information is encrypted and administrators can access the servers and maintain them without having unrestricted access to confidential information. IT resources no longer have to be trusted exceptions to the rule.
• Exchange Information in a Semi-Trusted relationship
Softection DAP provides a company centric view from a central location of who has been accessing what data, where a given file exists, what files a user has been using, or what files exist on a given computer. This Tracking & Logging allows a company to further develop data security policies, as well asproviding data auditing and evidentiary trails.